Google - Workflow
Intro. Quick recommendations and tips for various processes.
- Write your functions
serverless deploywhen you've made changes to
serverless.ymland in CI/CD systems
serverless invoke --function myFunctionto test your Google Cloud Functions
- Open up a separate tab in your console and see logs in there via
serverless logs --function myFunction
- Write tests to run locally
- Break your application / project into multiple Serverless Services
- Model your Serverless Services around Data Models or Workflows
- Keep the Functions and Resources in your Serverless Services to a minimum
A handy list of commands to use when developing with the Serverless Framework.
Create A Service:
- Create a new service with the
serverless create --template google-nodejs --path my-service
- Install the dependencies
cd my-service npm install
credentials in your projects
Install A Service
This is a convenience method to install a pre-made Serverless Service locally by downloading the Github repo and unzipping it.
serverless install -u [GITHUB URL OF SERVICE]
Use this when you have made changes to your Functions, Events or Resources in
serverless.yml or you simply want to deploy all changes within your Service at the same time.
Invokes an Google Cloud Function
serverless invoke function --function [FUNCTION NAME]
Open up a separate tab in your console and see logs for a specific function using the following command.
serverless logs --function [FUNCTION NAME]
See information about your deployed service by running the
info command in your service directory.