Knative Workflow Tips
Quick recommendations and tips for various processes.
- Write your functions
serverless deploywhen you've made changes to
serverless.ymland in CI/CD systems.
serverless invoke -f myFunctionto test your functions on Knative.
- Write tests to run locally.
- At the very least, use a
- In larger teams, each member should use a separate Knative installation and their own stage for development.
- Break your application / project into multiple Serverless services.
- Model your Serverless services around data models or workflows.
- Keep the functions in your Serverless services to a minimum.
A handy list of commands to use when developing with the Serverless Framework.
Create a service:
Creates a new service
serverless create -p [SERVICE NAME] -t knative-docker
Install a service
This is a convenience method to install a pre-made Serverless service locally by downloading the GitHub repo and unzipping it.
serverless install -u [GITHUB URL OF SERVICE]
Use this when you have made changes to your functions or events in
serverless.yml or you simply want to deploy all changes within your service at the same time.
serverless deploy -s [STAGE NAME]
Invokes a Knative Serving service returns it's output.
serverless invoke -f [FUNCTION NAME] -s [STAGE NAME] -l
See information about your deployed / undeployed functions by running the info command in your service directory.