Variables allow users to dynamically replace config values in
serverless.yml config. They are especially useful when providing secrets for your service to use and when you are working with multiple stages.
The Serverless Framework provides a powerful variable system which allows you to add dynamic data into your
serverless.yml. With Serverless Variables, you'll be able to do the following:
- Reference & load variables from environment variables via
- Reference & load variables from CLI options via
- Recursively reference properties of any type from the same
- Recursively reference properties of any type from other YAML / JSON files via
- Recursively nest variable references within each other for ultimate flexibility
- Combine multiple variable references to overwrite each other
Note: You can only use variables in
serverless.yml property values, not property keys. So you can't use variables to generate dynamic logical IDs in the custom resources section for example.